One of the unique aspects of Dr. Trotter’s approach to therapy is her strong emphasis on individually customized treatments.
During the initial consultation, you and Dr. Trotter discuss your background, your therapeutic concerns and goals, your schedule availability, and your financial resources. At the end of the consultation, you and Dr. Trotter agree on the best treatment plan, which may consist of one or more of the counseling formats. Before deciding on the best approach to therapy, Dr. Trotter also carefully considers your individual needs, wants, strengths and resources.
A main advantage to individual counseling is the way in which it facilitates a very intense personal relationship between you and the therapist. This allows you to explore and play out interpersonal patterns that may influence other close relationships throughout your life without the same complications that exist in friendships, family relationships and other significant interpersonal relationships.
Call Now (214) 499-0396
Through counseling, you learn to…
- Explore, understand, and work through problems on a one-to-one basis.
- Find alternatives, expand choices and overcome obstacles that interfere with your personal development.
- Clarify and resolve personal problems and stabilize and enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Discover a sense of well-being.
Examples of the different kinds of issues individuals might face:
- Romantic Relationship Concerns
- Spouse Issues
- Problems with Anger
- Difficulty Keeping Friends
- Family Conflicts