Registered Play Therapist and Supervisor
Dr Baggerly believes children, adolescents, parents, and families can improve mental health and wellness through play and expressive arts. Recent neurophysiologic studies show these creative approaches decrease anxiety and increase motivation to help people develop enjoyable relationships. Jennifer creates an engaging therapeutic relationship to help children, adolescents, and adults resolve psychological difficulties and develop effective skills.
Jennifer is a nationally known Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, and counselor educator who is a tenured professor at a local university. She is a past President of the Board of Directors of the Association for Play Therapy. She has over 60 publications including three books entitled Child Centered Play Therapy Research: The Evidence Base for Effective Practice and Group Play Therapy: A Dynamic Approach. Jennifer has been a counselor for over 20 years and a counselor educator and supervisor for over 16 years. She has trained hundreds of counselors at international, national, and regional conferences.
- University of North Texas Center for Play Therapy awarded Dr Baggerly the designation of: Certified Child-Centered Play Therapy Level 3: Trainer/Educator and Certified Child Parent Relationship Therapy Advanced Practitioner/Supervisor Level 3
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors of the Association for Play Therapy
- Keynote presenter at the Oklahoma Play Therapy Association conference on the topic of Disaster Mental Health
- Co-authored a book entitled “Counseling Families: Play-Based Treatments”
- Team leader for play therapy disaster response team in Rowlett, TX
As a mother of an adopted child, and a sister of an adopted brother, Jennifer is particularly passionate about helping families navigate the adoption process. She also loves hiking and has hiked to the top of several 14,000-foot mountains in Colorado, including Longs Peak. Jennifer is also a world traveler and thrill-seeker who has enjoyed many fun adventures, including skiing in the Swiss Alps, zip-lining in Costa Rica, waterfall repelling in Mexico, riding an elephant in Sri Lanka, white water rafting in the grand canyon, and kayaking alongside whales in Hawaii. Her favorite trip was to China, where she visited places where her grandparents were missionaries.