MSW, LCSW-S, RPT-S
Jason specializes in working with children, adolescents, and parents (individually, as a couple, or even the whole family together). He knows that when you are at your best, you can see the good in things, be flexible, and you’re fun to be around. But when life gets stressful, those qualities can get lost pretty quickly! He can help you regain your sense of exploration and thrill in life as a kid or teen. If you’re a parent, he can help get the best parts of you to connect with and enjoy your family again. That also means redefining what you want your family to be like, knowing what to do in tough situations, and communicating so that everyone feels heard and knows where they fit.
Jason earned his master’s degree from the School of Social Work at the University of Iowa, with an emphasis on Family Centered Practice. Following this, he earned his Licensed Clinical Social Worker status after completing 3,000 hours of supervision, with additional hours and training to earn his supervisor status. In addition, Jason is a parent of four children and has been married more than 20 years.
Some might argue this equals battle-hardened training, fast critical thinking skills and the ability to balance many delicate situations simultaneously.
- Conducted professional development seminar on “Childhood Developmental Landmarks: What is Normal, What is Frustrating and What Needs Outside Help” to DKS Preschool and St. Francis Children’s Discovery Center Preschool
- Conducted an interactive workshop for the Keller ISD Middle School and Elementary Counselors on “Treating Anxiety in Children”
- Spoke on a panel discussing the topic of the role of “Families in Mental Health Wellness” for the Fine Tuning Our Families Conference hosted by Winning the Fight
- Conducts Emotion Coaching – The Heart of Parenting Workshops. This program developed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, teaches parents how to help kids become healthy, compassionate and moral adults more likely to make successful life choices. With this emotionally supportive foundation, parents will be much more successful at setting limits and problem solving. The better a parent is at emotion coaching with their children; the better parents can prepare them to become happy and healthy adults.
- Awarded the designation of Registered Play Therapist Supervisor (RPT-S) through the Association for Play Therapy, which demonstrates Jason’s specialized play therapy knowledge and training. To earn the RPT-S a counselor must: demonstrate coursework in child development, theories of personality, principles of psychotherapy, and child & adolescent psychopathology, and ethics. Plus Clinical experience required by state licensure roughly equivalent to 2 years and 3,000 hours of general mental health clinical experience. And 835 play therapy specific hours of experience. Being an RPT-S also requires state-designated supervisor along with the completion of six (6) hours of play therapy specific supervisor training.
- Word-of-Mom Recommendations named Jason as a 2015 Mom-Approved Doctors from Fort Worth Child Child.
- The Association of Play Therapy awarded Jason as a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor credential, which consists of: coursework in child development, theories of personality, principles of psychotherapy, and child/adolescent psychopathology, and ethics.
- Jason presented a seminar this summer to the North Texas Association for Play Therapy on a model he’s developing for Family Play Therapy.
- Jason has created seminars for Oppositional Defiance, Childhood Anxiety Treatment, Diagnosis using the DSM 5, and Play Therapy Assessment Tools. He speaks on these topics regularly to schools, hospitals, and agencies/private practices in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Please contact Jason if you would like him to come speak to your organization.
- Jason is a mixed media artist whose pieces are in private collections in: Milwaukee, Chicago, Iowa City, Los Angeles, and Warsaw, Poland.
- Although he has been a worship leader for more than 20 years and can play guitar, bass and keyboards, he gets stage fright every time!
- Jason has unintentionally trained his four kids to duel with lightsabers like Jedi masters, so now he has to fight for his survival. His loving wife does not rescue him.
- Jason was so far into coffee, he actually roasted his own green coffee beans for several years! (But now settles for someone else doing it.)