What are Affirmations?
Every thought you think every word you say is an affirmation. All of our self-talk or inner dialogue is a stream of affirmations. We are continually affirming subconsciously with our words and thoughts and this flow of affirmations is creating our life experience in every moment. Our beliefs are just learned thought patterns that we have developed since childhood, many of these work well for us, but others may now be working against us, they are dysfunctional and may be sabotaging us from achieving what we believe we want.
Every affirmation we think or say is a reflection of our inner truth or beliefs. It is important to realize that many of these “inner truths” may not actually be true for us now or may be based on invalid or inappropriate impressions we constructed as children, which if examined as an adult can be exposed as inappropriate.
Why affirmations work
Positive affirmations are designed to challenge those negative beliefs and start to stem the flow of negative thoughts and words that seek to validate them. Affirmations are more than just repeating words. It is a whole process of becoming aware of your thoughts and words in everyday life, choosing to think and project happy positive thoughts. The more you can consciously inject the spirit of you affirmations into your daily thoughts and words, the quicker they will work for you.
Will Affirmations help me?
Yes. No matter what aspect of life you’re dealing with or who you are, affirmations will not only make you feel better about yourself and your life. But if used correctly, they can manifest real change in your life. Changing the way you think, reprogramming your mind and removing the old negative beliefs that have been sabotaging you again and again throughout your life. They can enable you to achieve the life you’ve always wanted for yourself!
Affirmations for Health
- Every Cell in my body vibrates with energy and health
- Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul
- My body heals quickly and easily
Affirmations for Abundance
- I prosper wherever I turn and I know that I deserve prosperity of all kinds
- The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful
- I pay my bills with love, as I know abundance flows freely through me.
Affirmations for Love
- I know that I deserve Love and accept it now
- I give out Love and it is returned to me multiplied
- I rejoice in the Love I encounter everyday
Affirmations for Romance
- I have a wonderful partner and we are both happy and at peace
- I release any desperation and allow love to find me
- I attract only healthy relationships
Affirmations for Weight Loss
- I am the perfect weight for me
- I choose to make positive healthy choices for myself
- I choose to exercise regularly
Affirmations for Self Esteem
- When I believe in myself, so do others
- I express my needs and feelings
- I am my own unique self – special, creative and wonderful
- “I am ready and willing to release the past, now
Affirmations for Peace and Harmony
- All my relationships are loving and harmonious
- I am at peace
- I trust in the process of life
Affirmations for Joy and Happiness
- Life is a joy filled with delightful surprises
- My life is a joy filled with love, fun and friendship all I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open.
- I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.
Steps to Saying Affirmations
- Affirmation Mirror work – Perhaps the most powerful way of using affirmations is to state them whilst looking in the mirror. Some of the most important messages you have received have been from people looking you straight in the eye. By looking yourself in the eye as you state your affirmation you magnify the importance of the message to yourself.
- Written Affirmations – A great way of keeping your affirmation at the forefront of your mind is to write them down, leave notes or cards around so that you notice them throughout the day.
- Say Affirmations with Passion – Say your affirmations with passion, the higher your emotional state as you say them, the more effective they are.
- Sing or Chant Affirmations – One of the most effective ways to use affirmations is to sing them! The mind is much more accepting of affirmation messages when they are sung.
If you would like Dr. Kay Trotter to come talk to your group or find out more about her counseling practice, you can contact her at: Kay@KayTrotter.com, 214-499-0396, or visit her web site http://www.KayTrotter.com.
Dr Trotter also post regularly in her FaceBook fan page http://www.facebook.com/DrKaySudekumTrotter.