Harnessing the Power of Equine Assisted Counseling: Adding Animal Assisted Therapy to Your Practice
This book provides licensed professional counselors ways in which they can use horses to help their clients deal with various traumas and abuse, anxiety, depression, atypical behaviors, and social skills and communication issues.
- Edited by Dr. Kay Sudekum Trotter, who created some of the first empirical research proving the efficacy of Equine Assisted Counseling (EAC).
- Brings together 28 counselors, psychologists and medical doctors from around the world to share their experiences in using EAC with clients.
- Features step-by-step clinical protocols for incorporating EAC into any counselor’s existing practice.
- Includes a chapter by internationally renowned “horse whisperer” Pat Parelli.
- Little prior experience working with horses necessary.